This is a part-time, hourly position with an expected committment of 10-15 hours per week.
Mindy Chapman, Vice President, Finance & Administration
The Accounting Assistant shall provide accounting and administrative support to the Vice President of Finance & Administration.
Detailed duties and responsibilities:
Required knowledge and experience:
- Ensure timely preparation & distribution of payroll.
- Prepare weekly deposits for the Visitors Centers and the administrative office.
- Enter cash receipts to the accounting system.
- Enter accounts payable (A/P) invoices for all programs to the accounting system.
- Make inquiries, research and follow-through with all A/P charges in question.
- Issue A/P checks weekly, match to invoices, and obtain two authorized signatures.
- Assign and setup new customer accounts and repetitive invoices for billing.
- Prepare and review membership invoices for billing monthly.
- Coordinate membership bills with Vice President of Marketing & Communications, and maintain changes to membership system.
- Prepare month-end billing statements and follow-up letters for outstanding membership accounts.
- Make inquiries, research and follow-through with all membership accounts in question.
- Write-off uncollectible accounts and cancellations approved by the President or the VP of Marketing and Communications.
- Prepare other invoices such as billable expenses, directly billed services, co-op marketing, municipal funding, brochure fees, hotel commissions, etc.
- Make inquiries, research and follow-through with all other invoices in question or delinquent.
- Reconcile inter-company accounts.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts: miscellaneous A/R, inventories, fixed assets prepaids, accruals, etc.
- Provide other research and reconciliations of general ledger accounts as needed.
- Calculate and prepare sales tax returns and check requests.
- Calculate and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax returns and payments for Iowa and Illinois State withholding and unemployment taxes, and the IRS Federal withholding and unemployment taxes.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly statistical reports to the local municipalities/funding sources.
- Compile reports, research, lists, etc. as needed by the Vice President of Finance & Admin.
- Assist Vice President of Finance & Administration with budget, financial statements, company audit, and special projects.
- Perform filing, copying, faxing, mailing and various other administrative tasks daily.
Associate's degree in accounting, or 5 years of experience
Experience with personal computers, Windows or above, Microsoft Office, and accounting software.
Typing skills with 35 wpm, and 10-key by touch.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Please contact Mindy Chapman, email@example.com
or 309-736-6824 for more information or to submit a resume.
This is a part-time, hourly position.
Department: Visitor Services
Cheryl Piersall, Director of Retail & Visitor Services
Molly Otting Carlson, Vice President, Destination Development & Visitor Services
Promote Quad Cities Regional Tourism; Assist travelers and locals with information about the Quad Cities Region, including but not limited to businesses, hotels, restaurants, attractions, sports, festivals, events, maps, directions, and reservations assistance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide warm welcome, sincere smile and impeccable hospitality to all visitors
- Take an active role in improving and extending the visitors stay
- Anticipate and exceed customer's expectations
- Assist with reservations and ticket sales via member's websites
- Rent bicycles and kiddie wagons
- Assist Segway Company with welcoming their tour guests
- Ensure brochures are stocked and in order at all times
- Ensure the Visitor Center retail area is stocked, dust free, and in order, etc.
- Retrieve and follow up with visitor inquiries via phone, email or mail and input into database
- Answer phones and direct to appropriate department
- Assist with various clerical needs, i.e.: stuffing welcome bags, envelopes, registration, etc
- Utilize Staff Calendar on google.com
- Call hotels for updates on availability during high traffic events/weekends
- Attend staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Flexible and excels in customer service
- Able to assist visitors at any of the visitor center locations (On or Off site locations)
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, Email, Internet; including search engines, getting around a website
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and the understanding of business/email/internet etiquette
- Self-starter, able to work independently and multi task
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Able to use POS (cash register) System for gift shop transactions and close out drawer at end of day
- Must possess valid driver's license for operating company vehicle when needed
- Ethically responsible for company's visitor center keys and security codes
- Able to perform light lifting of up to 30 lbs
- Knowledge of industry and region helpful
- 8.25/hr at permanent visitor centers or inside off-site locations (hotel, expo, convention center, etc)
- Shift preferential is .50/hr after 5 p.m.
Please contact Cheryl Piersall, firstname.lastname@example.org
or 309-736-6826 for more information or to submit an application.
About Visitor Services
The Visitor Services Department of the Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau, is the point of convergence and principle source of information for visitors, residents and employers seeking information about the Quad Cities and all they have to offer. Visitor spending impacts the local economy, supports local businesses and increases the quality of life for our residents.