© 2015 Quad Cities CVB
1601 River Drive, Suite 110
Moline, Illinois 61265
The Colonel Davenport House has special hours and will be open every day during QC Museum Week June 18-25 from 12-4 p.m. for guided tours.
The Colonel Davenport House, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was built in 1833-1834 and is on the North end of Arsenal Island in the Quad Cities. Colonel Davenport was the first permanent European settler in the Quad Cities. The Foundation relies on volunteers to maintain and operate the house. It is open for guided tours from May to October.
Colonel Davenport was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving for ten years. He came to Rock Island in 1816 as a civilian who had a contract to supply rations to the soldiers at Fort Armstrong. George Davenport was the first permanent white resident in the Quad Cities area and built his house in 1833-34.